Help People Like Tamara Find A Home
No one should have to sleep rough in the world’s most liveable city!
Sadly, one cold night Tamara and her kids were confronted with the frightening possibility of spending the night on the streets.
This survivor of family violence was tired, cold and desperate for shelter.
Tamara says, “It was starting to rain and it was getting cold… the three of us were crying… and I’m like, ‘Where, where are we going to go?’… I felt like a failure as a mother because I couldn’t give my kids what they needed…I’m thinking I just want to jump in front of that train.” *
COVID-19 has highlighted a harsh reality! Anyone can become homeless.
Anyone can end up sleeping rough on the streets.
What if you were a mum sleeping rough… with your children?
More than ever, rough sleeping is dangerous, and traumatic. People are struggling to survive on our Melbourne streets and are faced with the impossible task of practicing good hygiene, social distancing and trying to find shelter, and food.
We urgently need your help to get Melburnians into safe emergency accommodation quickly, so no one has to be homeless at this challenging time when coronavirus is still a very real possibility.
You can’t self-isolate if you don’t have a home! Your gift today will help mums like Tamara find a safe and secure home this festive season.
*If you have found this emotionally distressing and need support please reach out to call Lifeline 13 11 14.
If you want to know more about how your monthly donation could help a Melburnian experiencing homelessness head to Sponsor a Room.
Thank you for your donation.
What your one-off donation could mean
- $55Toiletries pack for a family (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes)
- $155One night of emergency accommodation for a mum and her children
- $250Groceries for a family
- $500Establish a rental property for a single mum (bond, utilities, kitchen essentials)
- $1000Education and training support (school, TAFE, or other accredited training courses)
What your monthly donation could mean
- $30helps towards providing 1 person a crisis accommodation room each month
- $50helps towards providing 2 people a crisis accommodation room each month
- $75helps towards providing 3 people a crisis accommodation room each month
- $100helps towards providing a family crisis accommodation room each month