Long Term Housing Maintenance
For urgent after hours maintenance issues please call: 03 9288 9666.
If maintenance issues are regarding a locksmith matter please contact Wynns Locksmiths 03 9495 1122.
How to report a maintenance issue
If there is something broken or damaged at a property you are renting please report it as soon as possible. Our maintenance team will do an assessment, and provide advice on actions and timelines to complete repairs.
Launch Housing and renters share responsibility for property maintenance. Launch Housing, is responsible for repair and replacement of fixtures for a tenants property. However, tenants are responsible for repairing any damage caused by wilful negligence or careless action by tenants, members of your household, pets and guests.
Urgent repairs are repairs that can affect safety or security and need to be fixed straight away.
Examples of these include:
- A gas leak
- A burst water service
- A serious roof leak
- A blocked or broken toilet system
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering
- Failure or breakdown of the Gas, Electricity or Water supply (Check with the supply company first to ensure the problem is not with them)
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
These repairs must be responded to within 24 hours. For urgent repair or maintenance emergencies after hours please call 03 9288 9666.