Donate Goods To Help The Homeless
Donating needed goods is a tangible way to help people experiencing homelessness in Australia. It provides immediate relief to thousands of people each year. By donating a hamper at this festive time, you’ll be lifting the spirits of vulnerable Melburnians doing it tough. Your gift shows them that you care, and provides essentials that are in great need at this time.
What is needed this festive season?
We’re sourcing two types of Hampers this year. Festive food hampers and Essential wellbeing hampers. The goods we receive go directly to our crisis accommodation sites, and other vital services that support those at risk of or experiencing homelessness. These items provide a reprieve from the difficulties faced by the thousands of Victorians who are without shelter or permanent housing.
The best items to donate are ones that you would be happy to give to a friend or to receive yourself. We cannot accept second-hand items, thank you.
All hamper donations must be received prior to 18 December.
We Need Festive Food & Essential Wellbeing Hampers
Festive Food Hampers
Should contain celebratory food such as:
- Canned food / non-perishables – Maybe something special, not your regular fare.
- Shortbread biscuits
- Lollies, nuts (provided ingredients are clearly marked), xmas treats.
- Luxury food items that they may not be able to afford, as a special treat.
- Chips and packaged snacks
- Packages Meats – please check expiry dates.
- Festive decorations may be included
Anything else you think people might be delighted to receive and lift their spirits.
Essential Wellbeing Hampers
Self-care packs containing necessities…and niceties.
- Exfoliators / creams
- Sanitary items
- Toothbrush / toothpaste
- Shampoo/ conditioner
- Lotions / sunscreen
- Lip balm
- Nail clippers/ tweezers
- Make-up (second hand or opened items not accepted)
- Hair clips/ elastics
- Hair brushes
The best items to donate are ones that you would be happy to give to a friend or to receive yourself. Second-hand items cannot be accepted.
Choose A Delivery Option To Get Your Hampers To Us
- In-person delivery, courier or postal deliveries between 9am – 5pm to Launch Housing Collingwood: 68 Oxford St, Collingwood VIC 3066
- In-person delivery (Wednesday Only) to Launch Housing Fitzroy: Mezzanine Floor, 145 Smith St, Fitzroy VIC 3065. This requires a pre-arranged scheduled drop off as there is no main reception. We are a little flexible for other drop off days if pre-arranged.
- Pre-arranged bulk collections (minimum 20 hampers) from various Melbourne locations. We have a team of Material Aid volunteers who can assist once a week for collection of bulk items.
If putting together a hamper isn’t possible for you this year, we’re accepting gifts of Coles/Woolworth vouchers, alternatively, you can donate to our Rough Sleeper Appeal.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to donate hampers/ vouchers.