Donating material aid is a tangible way to help end homelessness in Australia. It provides immediate relief to thousands of people each year. By donating new or slightly used items, we can give your goods a new home, support Victorians at risk of or experiencing homelessness, and reduce landfill in an environmentally conscious way.
With your help, we can end homelessness.
What is needed?
The goods we receive go directly to our crisis accommodation sites, public showers, and other vital services that support those at risk of or experiencing homelessness. These items turn a house into a home, and provide reprieve from the difficulties faced by the thousands of Victorians who are without shelter or permanent housing.
The best items to donate are ones that you would be happy to give to a friend or to receive yourself.
- Kitchenware items and homeware items, particularly bedding
- Small electronics such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Household and kitchen appliances
- Furniture, including couches, tables, chairs, and beds (please note that we have limited capacity to collect furniture items).
- Adult and children’s clothing and accessories
- Non-perishable food
What we cannot accept
We work diligently to find a home and use for each donation. However, there are some items that we cannot accept due to quality or a lack of storage.
These include the following:
- Ripped, torn, soiled or stained clothing
- Broken, ripped or stained furniture
- Cracked or broken homewares
- Used bedding
- Large electronics such as televisions or desktop computers.
Some of our Launch Housing sites may be able to pick up your donations, but this is limited by capacity and resources.
If you would like to know more about donating your time, visit our volunteer page.
Alternatively, you can also donate financially via our donate page.