Volunteer at Launch Housing
You can help support Launch Housing and make a difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness by volunteering with us.
Our volunteer roles are based across our 14 sites in metropolitan Melbourne and are involved in many roles. These include mentoring young people, providing assistance with our campaigns, administration support across many of our offices, engaging clients in educational and recreational activities, and assisting with breakfast programs for school aged children.
The time commitment varies so you can pick a volunteer role that suits you, from volunteering on a regular basis, to helping out at events and special occasions.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer and we value diversity and encourage volunteers from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Engaging with the local community
- Developing networks and connections
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work
- Gaining a sense of achievement
- Increasing employment pathways
- Developing your personal skills and confidence
- Meeting new people
- Making a positive difference in someone else’s life
How to apply for a volunteer role
1) Look at the current volunteer opportunities listed below.
2) If you find a role that matches your skills and interest, apply to volunteer using the form.
We will contact eligible candidates in early April to commence recruitment.
For more information email your queries to [email protected] *
*In March, 2021 there will be a two week delay in responses to volunteers apply for roles.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for the role, along with details of your relevant skills and experience
- Your current resume
- You will be contacted by a member of the volunteer team once your application has been reviewed.
Please note: Launch Housing staff and volunteers are required to participate in a thorough recruitment process, including interview, reference checks, police history checks, and Working with Children check. Checks are conducted in strict confidence. An applicant is not automatically precluded from appointment on the basis of having a police record. If a disclosable outcome results from a check, we will meet with the applicant to discuss this.
Children’s Group Support Drivers – South Melbourne
Adventure Playground, Wednesdays 3 – 7pm (weekly, fortnightly)
See Children’s Long Table PD
Art Group, Tuesdays 3 – 6pm (weekly, fortnightly)
See Children’s Art Group PD
Duty Support Volunteer – East St Kilda, 9:30am – 4pm, Wednesday shift.
Under exceptions contained in sections 28, 60 and 88 of the Equal Opportunity Act we request volunteers identifying as women only at this site. See Duty Support Volunteer Position Description.
Friday Night BBQ Volunteer – Southbank, Fridays 5pm – 8pm
Please note: For continuity and resource availability, we require a minimum 6-month commitment from volunteers.
For additional queries, email [email protected]*
*There may be a two-week delay to queries and applications.
We appreciate your time and patience. We will contact eligible candidates to commence recruitment.