Volunteer at Launch Housing
You can help support Launch Housing and make a difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness by volunteering with us.
Our volunteer roles are based across our 14 sites in metropolitan Melbourne and are involved in many roles. These include mentoring young people, providing assistance with our campaigns, administration support across many of our offices, engaging clients in educational and recreational activities, and assisting with breakfast programs for school aged children.
The time commitment varies so you can pick a volunteer role that suits you, from volunteering on a regular basis, to helping out at events and special occasions.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer and we value diversity and encourage volunteers from all sections of the community.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Engaging with the local community
- Developing networks and connections
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work
- Gaining a sense of achievement
- Increasing employment pathways
- Developing your personal skills and confidence
- Meeting new people
- Making a positive difference in someone else’s life
Your application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for the role, along with details of your relevant skills and experience
- Your current resume
- You will be contacted by a member of the volunteer team once your application has been reviewed.
Please note: Launch Housing staff and volunteers are required to participate in a thorough recruitment process, including interview, reference checks, police history checks, and Working with Children check. Checks are conducted in strict confidence. An applicant is not automatically precluded from appointment on the basis of having a police record. If a disclosable outcome results from a check, we will meet with the applicant to discuss this.