This year’s Annual Report 2019 demonstrates our social impact and continued commitment to support all individuals experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
We believe housing is a basic human right that affords people dignity. Everyone has a right to a home and it’s our job to make that happen. To make this a reality we continuously adapt and trial new, scalable approaches and research in the pursuit of widespread change.
(Maya, Launch Housing Private Rental Assistance Program recipient)
Launch Housing 2019 Achievements
- New assertive outreach teams in Frankston and Dandenong supported 61 people with funding from Victoria’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Action Plan.
- Six people moved into the first of our tiny homes in the western suburbs through the Harris Transportable Housing project.
- Our Employment Program placed 22 people into employment compared to two in April–June 2018 (its inaugural year).
- Launch Housing trained staff to administer naloxone, a drug used to reverse the effects of opioids and prevent overdose. It was subsequently used to save 10 lives.
- Around 1500 households secured or maintained private rentals through our Private Rental Assistance Program (PRAP), about 300 more than in 2017–18.
We provided hundreds of housing solutions for clients from the many properties we own and manage, including:
- 299 long-term community housing tenancies, 11 more than last year
- 95 head-leased* tenancies, 15 fewer than last year
- 560 transitional housing properties, 13 more than last year
- 80 Education First Youth Foyer studios, equal to last year.
(Joal, Launch Housing Peer Support Worker)
Discover stories from our clients and find our more about our work in Launch Housing Annual Report 2019.